IVOA LSST talk and JSON format for TAP

Grégory Mantelet gmantele at ari.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu May 12 22:57:34 CEST 2016

Hi Brian and DAL,

In the CDS/ARI TAP-Library, I also provide for some time now a JSON
output. Let just me share as well the syntax I have chosen for this
output format:

{
    "metadata":[
        {"name":"...","description":"...","datatype":"...","arraysize":"...","xtype":"...","unit":"...","ucd":"...","utype":"...},
    ],
    "data":[
        [valueCol1, valueCol2, ...],
    ]
}

This output format with this above syntax is already available in the
following services:
    - Simbad-TAP
    - TAP-VizieR
    - in my coming TAP service for Gaia
    - and probably also in other TAP services using the CDS/ARI
TAP-Library.

As you can see, my syntax is really not so far from yours. I think that
maybe some other TAP service implementors can share their version as
well, so that we can all agree on a same syntax ; maybe this could be
something to put as an appendix or implementation note in TAP (...or
something else if you have better idea).

Cheers,
Grégory