Reflections on SIA V2 and generic cutout services

Markus Demleitner msdemlei at ari.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Mar 10 09:52:42 CET 2016

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 09, 2016 at 11:22:21AM +0100, François Bonnarel wrote:

> Le 08/03/2016 10:08, Markus Demleitner a écrit :
> >>   - The spatial subsetting is not well defined.  E.g., if I'm asking for a
> >>spatial subset where I've given  POS=CIRCLE 12 34 0.5 what do I get back?
> >Well, services are supposed to take the bounding box within their
> >native coordinates.
> The current draft says it is in ICRS . It says also that we may plan to have
> variable Coordinate System in next version

Oh, the "native system" was the answer to the question "What
coordinates, projection?" in Tom's mail.  So the long version is:

  The region inteded to be cut out is obtained by transforming the
  specification passed in to the dataset's native coordinate system and
  taking the shape's bounding box there.

I suppose something like this should be made clear in the spec.

Cheers,

        Makrus