ADQL: MOD sign

Dave Morris dave.morris at metagrid.co.uk
Tue Jul 19 14:49:55 CEST 2016

Hi Marco,

On 2016-07-12 14:16, Marco Molinaro wrote:

> I still like to know whether we should put something about the
> sign preservation in the modulo in the ADQL-2.1 WD

Yes, I think we should define this in the 2.1 specification.

Based on the results from Cosmopterix, we should limit the parameters to
integer values.
https://github.com/ivoa/cosmopterix/wiki/MOD-for-negative-numbers

I like the text you put in the errata, so is this appropriate for the
standard ?

--------

     The modulo operator returns the remainder, R, of the division of two
integer values, M / N

         M % N = R

     where

         R has the same sign as M