validation of SIA 2

Pierre Le Sidaner pierre.lesidaner at obspm.fr
Thu Feb 25 11:23:22 CET 2016

Hi Mark

Thank you for you feed back
It don't seem so clear for me I try to take some time to look at it more
carefully.
would it be relevant to discuss 10 mn during next interop in Apps or in
Semantic to define what should be helpful to have in the VOtable Header
to validate it
Some parser failed when VOTable are not valid and it a lot of time loose
in developing applications, not all developers have your VO skill.

I'll come back with what I have understood at the end of the week or
beginning of the next
Regards
Pierre

On 02/25/2016 10:38 AM, Mark Taylor wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Feb 2016, James.Dempsey at csiro.au wrote:
>
>> 6. It would be nice to have lack of a schema location as a warning rather than showing as an invalid VO table.
> I'm guessing this characteristic of the implementation might be
> related to the fact that it seems to be shockingly difficult to
> write java code that validates an XML document against a known XSD,
> regardless of any schema declaration in that document.
> I spent a lot of time banging my head against this in taplint;
> Pierre if you want to take a look at the way I do it, the relevant
> code (with fairly extensive comments) is mostly here:
>
>     https://github.com/Starlink/starjava/blob/master/ttools/src/main/uk/ac/starlink/ttools/taplint/XsdStage.java
>
> If you don't need to mix standard and private namespaces then
> it's less painful, you can see the previous version (prior to
> 76db3dc66a9ab5c82) e.g. here:
>
>     https://github.com/Starlink/starjava/blob/df07e0d45d8f814ce4fe32a564bbedf37adfe2b7/ttools/src/main/uk/ac/starlink/ttools/taplint/XsdStage.java
>
> You're welcome to use or abuse anything there if you think it would
> help, though it still might take some implementation effort to adapt
> it to your purposes.
>
> If this lot is not relevant - sorry!  just ignore it.
>
> Mark
>
> --
> Mark Taylor   Astronomical Programmer   Physics, Bristol University, UK
> m.b.taylor at bris.ac.uk +44-117-9288776  http://www.star.bris.ac.uk/~mbt/

                            Pierre Le Sidaner
                         Observatoire de Paris

Direction Informatique de l'Observatoire
Observatoire Virtuel 01 40 51 20 82
61, avenue de l'Observatoire 75014 Paris

mailto:pierre.lesidaner at obspm.fr
http://vo.obspm.fr