validation of SIA 2

François Bonnarel francois.bonnarel at astro.unistra.fr
Thu Feb 25 11:14:58 CET 2016

Dear all,
     Thank you Pierre for this validator. A few answers
On 22/02/2016 19:15, Pierre Le Sidaner wrote:
> Dear All
>
> I was working on the SIA2 validator on the last days
> I have a first version as a draft
> http://voparis-validator.obspm.fr
>
> I try it with the 3 examples taken from RFC Page
> http://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/Siav2RFC
> The SIA2 document is confusing because it refer to ObsCore without
> telling exactly what is mandatory.
> Moreover I have question about SIA V2 and the implementations
>
> * non of them support Inf as > or < of as it's proposed in the last
> documentation of sia2
> like BAND=300 +Inf
>
> * could you please reference the schema in votable to validate it,
> something like
> xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.ivoa.net/xml/VOTable/v1.3
> http://www.ivoa.net/xml/VOTable/VOTable-1.3.xsd"
>
> * for Utype example use an extension in the Utype name like
> obscore:Char.SpatialAxis.Coverage.Location.Coord.Position2D.Value2.C1
> but as the Utype come from Characterisation, is it relevant to add
> obscore, specially taking into account that Utype should be normalized.
Characterisation  is a class or a package of OBSCORE (and is allready in
Cube DM draft) SO this is correct I think and consistent with Obscore.

> * for request in the query. In the example inside the document,
> REQUEST take the value query. Nothing in the documentation is related
> to DALI for that.
> http://dalservices.ivoa.net/sia_b?REQUEST=query&POS=CIRCLE 180.475
> -18.70 0.01&BAND= 0.0008 0.0009&TIME= 55708 55710&COLLECTION=ALMA. It
> should be more explicit in the documentation. And one ref
> implementation does not support this parameter/value.
SIAV2.1 will have several REQUEST values. So I think REQUEST=query is
the default but Pat will have the last word with his DALI editor hat.

> * what about datatype and xtype are they both mandatory in the votable
> output ? for s_region, s_fov ... in Obscore document there is both
> adql:REGION and AstroCoordArea does both are acceptable.
Yes the idea (in Obscore) was that thesze valeu may come from TAP/ADQL
word (an so it jsutifies     adql:REGION) but that stc:AstroCoordArea is
more complete. Obscore 1.1 is currebtly in discussion on the DM list
(with bcopy to DAL). So this is the right place to discuss this point.
> VOTable schema should include a list of xtype if it's possible
>
> * don't you see any problem as s_resolution have datatype=float and
> xtype=adql:DOUBLE and sometime double in obscore doc.
Yes. Here SIAV2 has to be fixed. (see Pat's email)
Cheers
François