ADQL XMATCH

Tom McGlynn (NASA/GSFC Code 660.1) tom.mcglynn at nasa.gov
Tue Feb 9 17:50:51 CET 2016

Arnold,

Assuming you mean for a match to occur whenever the two circles overlap,
then wouldn't

     xmatch(ra1,dec1,rad1, ra2,dec2,rad2)

be equivalent to

    xmatch(ra1, dec1, ra2, dec2, rad1+rad2)

if we're returning only integer values 1 and 0.

I suppose one could define this differently with
    xmatch(ra1,dec1,rad1, ra2, dec2,rad2)
returning the fraction of the circle defined by ra1,dec1,rad1 which
is enclosed in the second circle.  Not sure I really see the use case
for that though.

     Tom