ADQL XMATCH

Mark Taylor M.B.Taylor at bristol.ac.uk
Tue Feb 9 17:48:17 CET 2016

What two radii do you have in mind?

If you like nuances, there are plenty available - you can use the
existing CONTAINS function with the various region types defined in ADQL.
Nobody is suggesting that those be retired or outlawed, but I would
like to see the proposed XMATCH syntax available for the 90%(?) of
cases when a simple isotropic distance criterion is what's wanted.