TAP: trailing INFO element usage

Patrick Dowler pdowler.cadc at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 18:16:52 CEST 2016

I was just running taplint to check ObsCore-1.1 compliance and I noticed this:

W-OBS-DQU2-1 Post-table QUERY_STATUS INFO has unknown value OK is not
ERROR/OVERFLOW

What happens is that we always have a trailing INFO element after the
table and if all goes well the value is OK. Clearly taplint doesn't
expect that... do I need to clarify WD-TAP-1.1 to allow more
flexibility or to explicitly forbid this?

Details:
- This is an implementation detail of our streaming XML output; we
construct a DOM and it was a lot easier to add the INFO element up
front and modify the value at the end of streaming than to add it
during output. I could make changes to satisfy taplint expectations
but it strikes me that it should be OK to include such a trailing INFO
with QUERY_STATUS even if it doesn't say anything new.

Victoria, BC, Canada