WD-DALI-1.1-20160415

Markus Demleitner msdemlei at ari.uni-heidelberg.de
Fri Apr 15 09:25:28 CEST 2016

Dear DAL,

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 11:58:49AM -0700, Patrick Dowler wrote:
> I have just committed rev 3302
>
> Diff from previous:
> https://volute.g-vo.org/viewvc/volute/trunk/projects/dal/DALI/DALI.tex?r1=3251&r2=3302

[...]
> * Removed restriction on the resource name of VOSI-tables.

Hm -- I'm not sure I'm a big fan of this.  In general, I like fixed
URL (or name, in general) schemes because they save discovery
requests and make client implementation easier overall.  For
availability, loosening the URL scheme has a clear purpose that
trumps that consideration, so I agree that's a good move.

But how would changing the name of the table metadata endpoint help?

Cheers,

        Markus