less required ADQL support [TAP-1.1]

Walter Landry wlandry at caltech.edu
Tue Sep 29 19:57:53 CEST 2015

Patrick Dowler <patrick.dowler at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca> wrote:

> I'm not very familiar with NoSQL query syntax, havig only hacked
> around with ElasticSearch in the context of log analysis... but the
> query language wouldn't be in TAP and it would surely take some time
> to make it a standard rather than custom lang...

What I am wondering is if there is a simple mapping from this NoSQL
query syntax to ADQL.  My impression is that the NoSQL syntax can be
expressed as a subset of ADQL.  In that case, you are not looking so
much for extension as for a way to subset.  I already have to subset
ADQL for my services.  When I gave a talk about this at Sesto, the
consensus was to let unsupported queries fail.  So I am not sure that
anything needs to be done now.

Cheers,
Walter Landry