less required ADQL support [TAP-1.1]

Patrick Dowler patrick.dowler at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Tue Sep 29 17:49:24 CEST 2015

I'm not very familiar with NoSQL query syntax, havig only hacked around
with ElasticSearch in the context of log analysis... but the query
language wouldn't be in TAP and it would surely take some time to make
it a standard rather than custom lang...

Pat

On 28/09/15 09:43 PM, Walter Landry wrote:
> Patrick Dowler <patrick.dowler at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca> wrote:
>> In Sesto we discussed the possibility of TAP services providing tables
>> in non-SQL engines and how we could accommodate that. The couple of
>> things we agreed to explore was how to relax "ADQL required" to just
>> say that tap services must support ADQL queries of the TAP_SCHEMA
>> tables.
>>
>> The goal/implication is that other tables could be provided which can
>> be queried by ADQL and/or some other languages... but the idea to open
>> up TAP to non-SQL type systems is to make it so they don't have to
>> support ADQL for all tables.
> Can you give examples of what these non-ADQL queries would look like?
>
> Thanks,
> Walter Landry

National Research Council Canada
5071 West Saanich Road
Victoria, BC V9E 2E7

250-363-0044 (office) 250-363-0045 (fax)