table_name syntax

Patrick Dowler patrick.dowler at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Wed May 13 17:59:32 CEST 2015

I agree completely...  But, there has always been a user case or
requirement that someone should be able to implement a tap service
without having to modify incoming ADQL into internal SQL. Personally, I
think that ship sailed a long time ago and it would be crazy to
implement a completely pass-through tap service that just executed
whatever ADQL the user provided...

But yeah, *I* would expose foo..bar but someone might want to :-)

Pat

On 13/05/15 03:30 AM, Dave Morris wrote:
> Internally we run SQLServer, which like Sybase, does use foo..bar
>
> However, our ADQL service hides all the implementation details,
> providing an abstract layer which publishes our tables as foo.bar rather
> than foo..bar or foo.dbo.bar which is what they are underneath.
>
> We would not expose foo..bar as part of a TAP service in TAP_SCHEMA or
> in VOSI.

National Research Council Canada
5071 West Saanich Road
Victoria, BC V9E 2E7

250-363-0044 (office) 250-363-0045 (fax)