prototype TAP-1.1 service

Mark Taylor m.b.taylor at bristol.ac.uk
Tue Jun 2 16:04:36 CEST 2015

Pat (again),

Paul's original posting on this said:

On Tue, 19 May 2015, Paul Harrison wrote:

> I believe that there is only one outstanding issue in this document
> in section 2.2.1.1
> (http://volute.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/projects/grid/uws/doc/UWS.html#blocking)
> highlighted in yellow. It concerns how other standards might signal which
> version of UWS that they are using. My current feeling is to remove this
> text entirely and leave it up to the other standard documents to signal
> the mechanism that they want to use. I think that part of the cause for
> this versioning issue to come up was the lack of clarity of the namespace
> for the UWS schema - which is now addressed by the release of a schema
> with a new 1.1 namespace - therefore it is safe to remove this issue
> from the UWS specification. Any objections?

However it looks to me like the job documents at service/async/(job-id)
are still in the http://www.ivoa.net/xml/UWS/v1.0 namespace.
Is that true, or am I looking at the wrong thing?

As long as that's the case, I don't think there's any good way
for me as a client to find out I'm talking to a UWS 1.1 service,
so I'm not going to be able to implement client-side blocking
functionality.

Mark