TAP/VOSI 1.1: required type system?

Marco Molinaro molinaro at oats.inaf.it
Wed Dec 16 13:09:21 CET 2015

Hi Markus, all,
if a type system (and inheritance) is in place, I'm not sure that it is a
good idea
to mandate a single type system for a protocol.
I can agree on the not neat extension mechanism for data types we have in
place.
Wouldn't it be preferable to have the type system cleaned up, rather than
hacking
the behaviour at protocol level?

In any case I wouldn't touch VOSI, it has (could have) a more general use
than for TAP only.

Beware, this is a quick reply, I didn't investigate what drawbacks can
bring up
re-fitting the type systems out there.

Cheers,
     Marco