DataLink RFC period annoucment

Marco Molinaro molinaro at oats.inaf.it
Fri Sep 26 10:17:30 CEST 2014

Hi Dave,
I took the liberty to post your comment on the RFC page, just after Pat's
response to this topic.

I, personally, like the idea, but I wonder if it is allowed to put a
URL/URI in INFO that is a PARAM restricted to strings (even if one can
consider those as strings, but it seems like mixing up the meaning of the
element).
In any case a value attribute is mandatory for INFO (but that's minor with
respect to the other point above, in my opinion).

That said, probably Pat's response gives a more interoperable solution (put
this information in DALI or use VO-DML).

Maybe we should spend some time on this topic to define it's place in the
issues for which REC.

Cheers,
     Marco