datalink-terms

Norman Gray norman at astro.gla.ac.uk
Tue Oct 21 17:00:24 CEST 2014

Folks,

> On 21 Oct 2014, at 15:39, Arnold Rots <arots at cfa.harvard.edu> wrote:
>
> A variation on what Markus propose for provenance:
> It would be useful if one could distinguish between
> an original instance and a mirrored instance.
> "mirror of" would be needed and should point to the original.
> Note that mirroring is not the same as "derived from",
> so one does need a separate term.

First, I think that both of these notions are good candidates for subproperties of #from or similar

Secondly, I can see this discussion veering towards a full-scale discussion of a provenance ontology, which Pat was at pains to avoid in the first message in this thread.

Secondly (b), if we _are_ going to talk about provenance, there are multiple existing models for that already bashed out.

All the best,

Norman

--
Norman Gray  :  http://nxg.me.uk