WD-SIA-2.0-20140512 available

Walter Landry wlandry at caltech.edu
Wed May 14 12:48:25 PDT 2014

Patrick Dowler <patrick.dowler at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca> wrote:

> (on behalf of Doug as well)
>
> The latest SIAv2 working draft is available; I hope all issues
> discussed on the mailing list have been addressed.
>
> http://www.ivoa.net/documents/SIA/

I am a bit confused about the intent of SIA v2.  In the abstract, the
draft talks about data cubes, but the text does not any general
support for selection that, for example, AccessData has.

  http://wiki.ivoa.net/internal/IVOA/AccessData/WD-AccessData-1.0-20140312.pdf

To be precise, AccessData provides a way to select a slice in an
arbitrary coordinate (e.g. redshift) with the COORD parameter.  I do
not see anything comparable in SIA v2.

I am fine with SIA v2 not supporting this kind of thing, but I just
wanted to clarify the intent.

Also, SIA v1 had support for mosaic services.  I have been looking
through the mailing list, but I have not found a definitive answer.
Is support for mosaic services a non-goal for SIA v2?  If so, perhaps
that should be mentioned in the introduction?

Thanks,
Walter Landry