About the draft itself Re: WD-SIA-2.0

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Tue May 6 15:55:56 PDT 2014

The poor defenseless metre was made of platinum-iridium and can stick up for itself:

	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Platinum-Iridium_meter_bar.jpg

Then the standard was based on krypton and not even Superman could bash it.  Now, like most else of merit, it’s all about time.

The need to pick one unit for the entire EM spectrum is not engraved on platinum in a vault beneath the streets of Sèvres.
—