WD-AccessData-1.0-20140312

Petr Skoda skoda at sunstel.asu.cas.cz
Thu Mar 13 11:34:55 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I am trying to follow the discussion about SIAP multicube and all
this stuff but so far I did not have time
to think about the details.   But here on the draft I see already
one critical problem: Namely the BAND parameter.

Its nice to define the access in terms of energy and units (in SSA we have
meters explicitly) - but how the user will know the units of original
data? Will there be something like two-way negotion like in S3 theory
protocol ?

But the most complicated is a question - how to extract from "datacube"
consisting of stack of multi-photometry images the image in "V" filter.
In SSA is very convenient the usage of BAND=V. In principal (and it is the
way how DaCHS makes it) you can convert the filter name to
characterization values of spectral range and localization using some
table - but in fact the correct way would be the filter service ....
But the opposite way is more difficult - and what if the filters overlap?

I would suggest to allow it for Access filter as well - so not only values
but letters and devise the way how to request multiple ranges =>
BAND=B,V,R