Multi-dimensional Data Access minimal requirements

Douglas Tody dtody at nrao.edu
Tue Mar 11 15:24:09 PDT 2014

On Tue, 11 Mar 2014, Ray Plante wrote:

> Note that what you are calling "DataAccess" is the purpose of the
> AccessData specification (now being written up by Pat).  And, yes, it
> can be implemented independently of SIAv2.  In previous versions of
> SIAv2 (as Doug mentioned), the access-data capabilities was not yet
> split out.

The queryData and accessData capabilities have always been separately
implementable and callable service capabilities.  Both are still
image-specific capabilities required for the full range of image access
functionality.  What has changed is that they are now to be described in
separate specifications, in part due to the complexity of accessData for
things like advanced cube data access.

Note, these capabilities can still be integrated together into a single
image data access service.  The capabilities would still be separately
callable, i.e., accessData could be used by itself if desired.

See the older email excerpted below.

 	- Doug

----