Multi-dimensional Data Access minimal requirements

Ray Plante rplante at illinois.edu
Tue Mar 11 14:15:46 PDT 2014

Hi Tom,

Note that what you are calling "DataAccess" is the purpose of the
AccessData specification (now being written up by Pat).  And, yes, it
can be implemented independently of SIAv2.  In previous versions of
SIAv2 (as Doug mentioned), the access-data capabilities was not yet
split out.

I agree with Tom (and Pat, as he originally explained) that specifying
a circle is the easiest to deal with on the provider side, given all
of the possible orientations, though it may under traditional use
cases to be a bit counter-intuitive.  That said, a rectangular
specification is also intended to be supported by AccessData
(correct?), and I also agree with Andreas and Doug that the easiest
way to handle this is with a position and size along the image axes.

cheers,
Ray