TAPRegExt revision

Marco Molinaro molinaro at oats.inaf.it
Tue Jun 3 07:07:47 PDT 2014

Hi,

>:
>
> Dear colleagues,
>
> On Mon, Jun 02, 2014 at 11:12:41AM +0100, Mark Taylor wrote:
> > your changes (a) and (b) sound like they could be reasonably be cast
> > as "errata" rather than actual (even minor) changes to the standard.
> >
> > If that's the case, then the document and schema version number need
> > not change.
> >
> > The TCG started to agree on a relatively lightweight formal process
> > for errata at the F2F meeting in Madrid.  I'm not sure that all the
> > details of that process have been worked out (IIRC a new DocStd
> > document is under preparation), but this alteration to TAPRegExt
> > would seem like a good candidate for an early client of it.
>
> I'm not at all wild about producing a new TAPRegExt version, so I'd
> be delighted if we could make do with two errata.  However, the
> change of vr:IdentifierURI to xs:anyURI is setting a precedent that
> people might find objectionable -- it would be a pity if that
> derailed the effort to have errata.

I tend to agree with Mark that it can be considered an errata;
considering that the thread
http://www.ivoa.net/pipermail/registry/2014-February/004909.html
that you cited starts more or less with:

At the root of the problem is that I foolishly declared
the ivo-id attribute on dataModel as vr:IdentifierURI

I suppose should avoid the risk of creating a precedent for errata.

Cheers,
     Marco