Interop Session Topics

Patrick Dowler patrick.dowler at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Wed Apr 16 10:50:14 PDT 2014

There will be 4 DAL (or joint) sessions at the Interop in Madrid, now
about a month away.

The DAL sessions are summarised here:

http://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/InterOpMay2014DAL

* TAP *
For TAP-1.x, we will have a pretty open discussion to figure out where
to go with teh next version. if you would like to present something
about your experiences implementing and operating TAP service(s), please
email me and Francois Bonnarel.

* Data Cubes *
For SIA-2.0, some discussions on the mailing list warrant changes to the
WDs which will be done in the next week or so. Other topics need further
face to face discussion so I think we are at the point where we need to
review the changes and then list and discuss the outstanding issues.
However, if you have some prototyping experience based on
WD-SIA-2.0-20131115 and want to present that, please email me and
Francois Bonnarel.

For AccessData-1.0, discussion has been minimal thus far as this
standard borrows concepts from SIA. An updated WD, mainly to show how to
describe access data service(s) using the DataLink service descriptor
mechanism, should be ready soon. I think this will mainly be a
discussion topic, but if you have some prototyping experience to report
please email me and Francois Bonnarel.

Note: There is also a data cube session more oriented to the ImageDM
that the DM-WG is organising, so you may also consider that venue
depending on the content of the presentation.

* DataLink *
Finally, I have made progress finalising WD-DataLink-1.0 based on
mailing list discussions, with most of the feedback taken into account
one way or another. That should be available very soon. The session will
feature a review of the changes and current state, and some discussion
on the issue of "semantics" of a link. If you want to present
prototyping experience and/or something on link semantics, please email
me and Francois Bonnarel.

PS-Check the schedule at the above link to see where presentations are
allocated.

National Research Council Canada
5071 West Saanich Road
Victoria, BC V9E 2E7

250-363-0044 (office) 250-363-0045 (fax)