Datalink feedback II: RESOURCE type

Patrick Dowler patrick.dowler at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Tue Apr 1 09:37:03 PDT 2014

Just to be clear, it is type="meta" to pass schema validation and we
will use a utype on the resource to identify it as a service description.

I will put utype="adhoc:service" for now and we'll see if anyone has a
better idea during the RFC :-)

Pat

On 24/03/14 02:41 AM, Markus Demleitner wrote:
> So, I'd suggest we just identify service descriptions with:
>
> <RESOURCE type="metadata" utype="adhoc:service">
>
> I'd prefer a prefix "adhoc" to, say, "datalink" (or anything like
> that) here to ward against later human confustion when we actually do
> something sensible with the datalink "prefix".  But if you'd strongly
> prefer datalink here (or anything else), it'd work as well: VO-DML
> engines will ignore utype on RESOURCE anyway, and so no name clashes
> are possible.

National Research Council Canada
5071 West Saanich Road
Victoria, BC V9E 2E7

250-363-0044 (office) 250-363-0045 (fax)