[SIAv2] query params

Markus Demleitner msdemlei at ari.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Nov 18 04:17:50 PST 2013

Dear List,

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 04:26:12PM -0700, Douglas Tody wrote:
> We agreed to support multiple params at the level of the HTTP protocol,
> since this is a feature of HTTP.  However that doesn't mean we cannot
> support list values for parameters as well.  It could be quite awkward
> to try input a large list or array as many parameter instances in HTTP.

DALI says how to do file uploads, and I submit that that's the way to
upload multiple complex objects if that's what we want.

Again: Allowing lists of things rather than the things itself is a
*major* change of a protocol (i.e., think of the complexities of IP
multicast).  Please don't ad-hoc syntax with the goal of hiding this.

Plus, uploads aren't that awfully complex to implement, so anything
smart enough to be able to handle lists of geometries should by ok
with doing uploads and parsing the uploaded VOTables, too.

Cheers,

      Markus