WD-DataLink-1.0

François Bonnarel francois.bonnarel at astro.unistra.fr
Fri Nov 15 03:50:08 PST 2013

Hi all,
      As Laurent explained, I think trying to go much further the small
mandatory list will rapidly become a nightmare. The list we proposed
illustrated the kind of thing people would like to distinguish.  But it
is not exhaustive as we could see from the first reactions. So  I think
the addition of "content=content_string" after the starting word taken
in the Standard predefined short list is a good compromise.
I met Laurent today at coffee break. What he proposes is really to have
this "content_string" totally  free, domain dependant in other words,
just forbidding a few ambiguous words.
I fully agree with that (another possibility would be to put this
statement in the "description" column)

By the way, for the short predefined list I propose to distinguish plot
from preview. To me plot is a graphical representation of something like
a function, necessary for spectra, light curves etc... Nothing specially
preview in this. So we will have the plot predefined word oin addition.

Cheers
François