How to consume TAP and SIAP for lightcurve survey ?

Douglas Tody dtody at nrao.edu
Fri Jan 18 08:28:50 PST 2013

On Fri, 18 Jan 2013, Markus Demleitner wrote:

> That still leaves open the need for nice and efficient desktop
> applications for both cubes and lightcurves, of course.  Is anyone
> actively working on anything VO-enabled in these areas?

The Aladin folks have a basic cube display capability (successive 2D
planes) which may be extended once the SIAV2 image and cube access
prototype is further along.  Here at NRAO, CASA has a cube vis/analysis
capability which we plan to VO-enable in connection with the VAO cube
project.  DS9 also has some cube display capabilities; the JWST folks
are working with them for the IFU cubes we will eventually get from the
JWST instruments.  There are a few other astronomical cube vis/analysis
applications out there as well, but the above are the ones we are most
interested in VO-enabling for the VAO cube effort.  There are also
non-astronomy cube vis applications, but personally I doubt these will
ever be very useful for astronomy data (unless heavily reworked to know
about our data).

On the time series side, once we have a prototype timeseries DM/protocol
and some actual services, the plan is to get support for this into
VOClient which will allow development of time series analysis apps in
Python.  Lots of folks are interested in doing this.