How to consume TAP and SIAP for lightcurve survey ?

Petr Skoda skoda at sunstel.asu.cas.cz
Thu Dec 13 18:31:57 PST 2012

Hi all,

We are going to prepare a survey of several fields in SMC and LMC which
will be observed many times and then to extract the lightcurves from all
of the images in a semi-automatic manner. This means identify all stars in
an image according to their PSF shape, make astrometry, make an aperture
photometry and convert counts to fluxes using identified standard stars
and their magnitudes from UCAC4.

The archive will have all available metadata published using TAP Obscore,
the info about stars - ie. position in ICRS and flux in physical units
will be available through TAP and used to construct the lightcurve
relaying on "precise" positions of stars - by preparing SQL query
something like - give me all fluxes of stars in circle/rectangle of given
small size at given ICRS coordinates in given filter ordered by MJD.

The resulting point of the lightcurve will be somehow wrapped to the form
of SDM-like table able to be visualized by e.g. SPLAT or VOPLOT.

But we want also to access the images of given fields and make cutouts of
given region using SIAP

With this idea is, however, unclear a lot of issues....
All you suggestions are welcome!

1) in SIAP there is only input parameter for location and optional image
generation parameters - I cannot select band and mainly the TIME !
So far all SIAP examples I have found in literature are just showing the
selection of given field on sky - but not temporal filter or spectral
filter

It is written the SIAP (v1.0)  can provide optional parameters
server-dependent.
I am sure the time and filter (band) is so important that someone had
already to solve this problem - can you point me to SIAP service
implementing his ?

Another question concerns Aladin - or is there another SIAP enabled viewer
?

How to filter in Aladin query the bands or time ? I have just seen the
SIAP are returning tree structure where the band is written but not time -
i.e. even if I cant restrict the serarch by query parameters I can at
least select right filter from returned results - I would like to do it
for time (HJD) as well.

Suppose I will display image in Aladin using SIAP. I want to overlay the
identified objects in it which I have written in a table. How to do it ?
Can I display the content of TAP table ? Or how the catalogue services in
Aladin is consumed ? a ConeSearch only ? But how to restrict it to given
filter band ? Or time ?

Suppose we would implement the SIAPv2.0 service according the draft. Will
there be SIAPv2.0 compatible visual tool ? Will the Aladin support
SIAPv2.0 soon ?

best regards,

Petr Skoda

*  Petr Skoda                         Phone : +420-323-649201, ext. 361 *
*  Stellar Department                         +420-323-620361           *
*  Astronomical Institute AS CR       Fax   : +420-323-620250           *
*  251 65 Ondrejov                    e-mail: skoda at sunstel.asu.cas.cz  *
*  Czech Republic                                                       *