[obs-tap] draft summary topic 2 : Representing Utypes in Obstap implementation

Patrick Dowler patrick.dowler at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Wed Mar 23 16:04:53 PDT 2011

I commented on the utype topic on the wiki... still thinking about the
publisher_did one though :-)

Pat

On 2011-03-23 15:43:38 François Bonnarel wrote:
> Le 18/03/2011 18:54, Mireille Louys a écrit :
> > Topic 2 : Representing Utypes in Obstap implementation
> >
> > This topic is much more general than the Obstap effort.
> > I think more discussion and study of the life cycle of a Utype string
> > in applications , protocols and circulating documents is needed to
> > decide which strategy to adopt for Utype Case: ( lower, Camel , etc.) .
> > Data base are allowed to store strings as they need, but lisibility is
> > important for users/developers.
> > I hope this topic can be discussed in DM or more general session in
> > Napoli.
>
> Sure we have to make some progress on utypes syntax, storage and usage
> in napoli, if interoperability via
> Data models is to be taken serious.
>
> > Please tell your opinion on the list
> > --ML

Tel/Tél: (250) 363-0044
Canadian Astronomy Data Centre
National Research Council Canada
5071 West Saanich Road
Victoria, BC V9E 2M7

Centre canadien de donnees astronomiques
Conseil national de recherches Canada
5071, chemin West Saanich
Victoria (C.-B.) V9E 2M7