SSA-1.1

Randy Thompson rthomp at stsci.edu
Tue Apr 19 06:41:18 PDT 2011

Just to let you know, all the MAST spectral services support TARGETNAME
queries. It
assumes no name resolution, so you can submit a query such as:
http://archive.stsci.edu/ssap/search2.php?targetname=mars

You can also do a search like:
http://archive.stsci.edu/ssap/search2.php?targetname=M81
but obviously it will only find entries where the target name was
explicitly given as "M81".

We currently allow queries using a target and resolver parameter such as:
http://archive.stsci.edu/ssap/search2.php?target=M81&resolver=NED
or
http://archive.stsci.edu/ssap/search2.php?target=M81&resolver=Don%27t%20Res
olve