SSA-1.1

Juande Santander Vela juandesant at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 02:12:36 PDT 2011

On 19.04.2011, at 02:57, Petr Skoda wrote:

> The reason, why there are not services supporting TARGETNAME is simple - we have very few SSA spectra archives and the necessity of provide coordinates may prevents providers  to include all really processed spectra due to the above mentioned problems.
>
> I hope this will change soon and IMHO the standard should be here already to provide the strict rules how to do it.
> I am pretty sure that the current providers of spectra (e.g. CADC serving spectra from CHFT instruments, French community behind NARVAL etc ...) will face the above problems immediately after looking in their archives and FITS headers ;-)

Focusing in this problem, I think then that target names are not useful either for this use case. I think these potential SSA archives, where RA and Dec information is not present, should be tried like theoretical SSA services, and be queried on reduced parameters, such as spectral type, metallicity, age, mass, etc.

--
Juande Santander Vela
Software Engineer, ALMA Archive Subsystem

Brian Littrell: Ninguna persona se merece tus lágrimas, y la que las merece no te hará llorar.