DAL sessions at Nara Interop

Francois Bonnarel francois.bonnarel at astro.unistra.fr
Wed Nov 24 07:59:10 PST 2010

Hi Pat,

    I would like to present something about Datalinks and Access data
methods
in relationship with ObsTap and other DAL protocols (mainly SIA)
   probably this would be nice to have in the second session, because
there may be
some preliminary to this in one of the DM sessions (on Thursday)

Regards
François

Patrick Dowler a écrit :
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am currently planning the DAL sessions after some informal discussions with
> a few people at ADASS. Since much of the current work is inter-dependent I
> feel we need to concentrate on a few important topics where we can make some
> progress, leave some others to plenary sessions that are already being planned
> (eg SED science case), and just try to finish up a few things in preparation
> for other projects that are coming along in the near future.
>
> With that in mind, I will try to get recent drafts of a few smaller documents
> out very soon and focus discussions on them:
>
> PQL - Parameterised Query Language (formalises the common use in simple AP,
> but also for TAP)
>
> DALI - Data Access Layer Interface (formalises the common patterns in DAL
> service designs)
>
> In addition, we need to work with the Registry WG to define an extension schema
> for TAP, Simple DAL protocols, or possible just one for DAL services in
> general. Some prelim work has been done so it should not be too difficult to
> reach concensus: http://www.ivoa.net/cgi-bin/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/TAPRegExt
>
> The above will likely use up one session, maybe more. Please email me about
> these or other topics for the agenda. Time is going to be pretty tight so very
> specific issues that require larger discussion will probably get priority. We
> may have to leave the more general topics for after-hours :-)
>
> thanks in advance,

François   Bonnarel           Observatoire Astronomique de Strasbourg
CDS (Centre de données        11, rue de l'Université
astronomiques de Strasbourg)  F--67000 Strasbourg (France)

Tel: +33-(0)3 68 85 24 11     WWW: http://cdsweb.u-strasbg.fr/people/fb.html
Fax: +33-(0)3 68 85 24 25     E-mail: francois.bonnarel at astro.unistra.fr