Light curves in the IVOA

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Tue Jun 22 20:18:58 PDT 2010

Hi Doug,

> The issue is suggesting that this be used for general time series
> data in VO, which is what I think many of us are hearing.

Ok, thanks for the clarification.  Speaking and hearing often would benefit from an interface control document in the VO :-)

> The recent discussion has been about how to provide for time series
> data in VO, not in VOEvent.

My interest in this particular discussion is focused on VOEvent.  I'll let Roy speak for himself, but the SLiCAP proposal - while of significant potential interest to VOEvent - is a separate question from SimpleTimeSeries itself.

Rob