about galaxy "velocity cubes"

Jonathan McDowell jcm at head.cfa.harvard.edu
Tue Dec 7 00:35:00 PST 2010

To follow up on a discussion in the meeting, I note that the Spectrum standard
does include utypes in its CoordSys object to describe the redshift frame of the
data, including the DopplerDefinition and the RefPos. The Char.Spectral.Axis.Location
would give the wavelength corresponding to the velocity zero point I guess.
So I should take an action to do a redshift axis example for Spectrum.
 I had forgotten about this but did in fact read STC carefully at the time!
    - Jonathan