DAL sessions

Patrick Dowler patrick.dowler at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Thu Dec 2 09:33:43 PST 2010

On 2010-12-02 03:36:22 Francois Bonnarel wrote:
> Hi pat,
> Hi all,
> I realize that there is no slot for general DAL architecture/roadmap
> discussion
> except maybe at the end of second session. Is it possible to discuss this
> in 5 minutes? the question of specialized interfaces (SIA version 2,
> future of SSA)
> and their position in the DAL landscape is probably too ambitious. Could we
> organize a side meeting ?

Since DAL-2 is on Friday, I would like to have some side discussions earlier
in the week so we can discuss some things in a smaller (but certainly open!)
group. Things to cover there: architecture, roadmap, probably some specific
issues in PQL and/or DALI.

If we do this earlier in the week, we can use the DALI and PQL time in the
DAL-2 session to summarise and bring the discussion to a wider group.

Tel/Tél: (250) 363-0044
Canadian Astronomy Data Centre
National Research Council Canada
5071 West Saanich Road
Victoria, BC V9E 2M7

Centre canadien de donnees astronomiques
Conseil national de recherches Canada
5071, chemin West Saanich
Victoria (C.-B.) V9E 2M7