DAL sessions

Douglas Tody dtody at nrao.edu
Thu Dec 2 06:52:23 PST 2010

Hi Francois -

If we have a side meeting on SIAV2 this could be a good place to discuss
the DAL architecture as well; it would be hard to accomplish much in
5min in the general sessions.  Since data linking is part of the
architecture you could mention aspects of this in your talk as well.

Another related issue which we need to look at involves the Generic
Dataset (at the root of the DAL architecture) and the Observation data
model.  Do we want to come up with one name for this model or do we
instead clarify the overall model?  Technically Observation is a
restriction of the more general Dataset, but they are very similar.  The
use of both terms in various documents is confusing.  This is an issue
for both DAL and DM.

 	- Doug