TAP services?

Guy Rixon gtr at ast.cam.ac.uk
Tue Aug 3 09:45:01 PDT 2010

On 3 Aug 2010, at 17:18, Markus Demleitner wrote:

> Finally, other TAP implementors may be interested in
> http://svn.ari.uni-heidelberg.de/svn/gavo/python/trunk/gavo/resources/web/xsl/
> -- these are stylesheets for some TAP-related documents, inspired by
> what Astrogrid DSA has.  The intention is to have them in the public
> domain[1], and you'd be welcome to use them (and possibly extend
> them --
> for starters, there's no upload form yet, and some themeability would
> be nice).  The documents at http://vo.uni-hd.de/tap/async use these
> style sheets, if you want to preview.
>

> Cheers,
>
>           Markus
>
> [1] Anyone that may have a claim on the idea or content: you wouldn't
> mind, would you?

The original stylesheets in DSA I'd consider part of the source code
which is open source licensed under the Academic Free License v2.1 (http://software.astrogrid.org/doc//p/dsa/2010.3/dsa-catalog/license.html
). Anybody can use them and make derivative works under that license.
As the author of the DSA stylesheets I'm glad to see them copied and
extended within the terms of the licence. I don't think there's a need
to put them fully into the public domain.

Cheers,
Guy