Data Model URI utype

Markus Demleitner msdemlei at ari.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Apr 14 00:10:35 PDT 2010

Hi all,

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 06:17:09PM +0200, Francois Bonnarel wrote:
>     I agree basically with that Mireille.
>    To fully work on what markus is looking for
>     we would need an additional
>
>    DataModelReference.NameSpace

I like Mireille's suggestion, but I think we don't need a name space.
The "thing in front of the colon" in utypes is, according to the
current utype proposal, *not* a name space in the XML sense (but
rather a model identifier).  And that's a good thing, because only in
this way you can let people embed literal strings into their programs
and tell them: That's the string to look for when you're trying to
find an error for this particular value.

So, DataModelReference.Uri will do; there are no declared namespaces
in utypes since they are, at least to users, opaque strings.

One qualm, though:  People complain that utype always are so long,
and I tend to agree.  Couldn't we just call the first atom

DataModel

or even just

DM?

Thanks,