Data Model URI utype

Francois Bonnarel francois.bonnarel at astro.unistra.fr
Tue Apr 13 09:17:09 PDT 2010

Hi all,
     I agree basically with that Mireille.
    To fully work on what markus is looking for
     we would need an additional

    DataModelReference.NameSpace

    implemented like this with at least these two fields
    <PARAM datatype="char" arraysize"*" name="DMURI"
utype="ivoadm:DataModelReference.Uri"
value="http://www.ivoa.net/stc/1.0"/>
    <PARAM datatype="char" arraysize"*" name="DMNS"
utype="ivoadm:DataModelReference.NameSpace"
value="stc:"/>

      Could be completed like this:
<PARAM datatype="char" arraysize"*" name="DMNA"
utype="ivoadm:DataModelReference.Name" value="Space Time Coordinates"/>

<PARAM datatype="char" arraysize"*" name="DMVE"
utype="ivoadm:DataModelReference.Version" value="1.0"/>
François
Mireille Louys a écrit :
> Dear Markus, Dear all,
>
> my take on this , with no full agreement up to now from the DM WG is
> to have for each model an item called : DataModelReference
> We could then have attributes to this class , for each data model like :
> DataModelReference.Name
> DataModelReference.Version
> DataModelReference.Uri
>
> In your examples this would give :
> <PARAM datatype="char" arraysize"*" name="DMURI"
> utype="char:DataModelReference.Uri"
> value="http://www.ivoa.net/Documents/CharacterisationDM-v1.13"/>
>
> <PARAM datatype="char" arraysize"*" name="DMURI"
> utype="stc:DataModelReference.Uri" value="http://www.ivoa.net/stc/1.0"/>
>
> This is very close to your suggestion, and requires that each IVOA
> data model have this item defined.
>
> SSA has a definition and utype of the same kind in : Dataset.DataModel
> that can be generalised as I suggest.
>
> When the data model uri is uniquely defined according to an IVOA rule,
> then it can concatenates all info in just one field.
>
> Any comments / suggestion from DM/DAL members?
> Many thanks, Mireille
>
> Markus Demleitner <msdemlei at ari.uni-heidelberg.de> a écrit :
>
>> Hi Mireille,
>>
>> For the next draft of the STC-VOTable note, I'd really like to
>> include a mechanism to embed the DM URI that you can live with.
>>
>> I still believe the easiest and at the same time most elegant
>> approach would be a reserved name; I'd popose DMURI.  So, in STC,
>> you'd have
>>
>> <PARAM datatype="char" arraysize"*" name="DMURI" utype="stc:DMURI"
>>   value="http://www.ivoa.net/I/forget"/>
>>
>> in each group talking about STC.  A group talking about
>> characterization would have
>>
>> <PARAM datatype="char" arraysize"*" name="DMURI" utype="char:DMURI"
>>   value="http://www.ivoa.net/char/stc/1.0"/>
>>
>> (of course, I have no idea what the URI actually would be).
>>
>> Could you live with this?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>>          Markus

François   Bonnarel           Observatoire Astronomique de Strasbourg
CDS (Centre de données        11, rue de l'Université
astronomiques de Strasbourg)  F--67000 Strasbourg (France)

Tel: +33-(0)3 68 85 24 11     WWW: http://cdsweb.u-strasbg.fr/people/fb.html
Fax: +33-(0)3 68 85 24 25     E-mail: francois.bonnarel at astro.unistra.fr