TAP RFC [MTIME]

Gerard gerard.lemson at mpe.mpg.de
Thu Sep 17 03:12:09 PDT 2009

I agree with Pat and Francois, MTIME can be covered using standard DB
implementations, no need for a special key word. Extrapolating on Francois'
comment, I would propose to remove the "primary" attribute from the column
metadata? When I do a

select * from SomeTable

I expect all the columns in the table to be returned. if I want fewer I do
aan explicit select.
If a TAP implementor wants to define some preferred sub-selection of the
columns this can be easily done using a VIEW.

What I think is missing from the column metadata is a "rank" attribute.
This would govern the order in which columns are returned when doing a

select * from SomeTable

I don't remember this being discussed, can we still do this?

Cheers

Gerard

PS
Sorry for late entry to the discussions.