Boxes and Polygons in ADQL/STC. Questions and recommendation.

John Good jcg at ipac.caltech.edu
Sat Oct 24 13:32:22 PDT 2009

Whether it is a padded image region or a bounding polygon
around a set of images, the point was that this is a common
general use pattern and definitely not a RECT.  Holes I would
expect are most commonly handled by in a "second pass" on
a set of records identified by a simpler query but again are
even less pertinent to the issue of the ubiquity of RECT
queries.

- John