TAP, ADQL and PgSphere

Alberto Micol amicol.ivoa at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 22 14:19:35 PDT 2009

On 22 Oct 2009, at 19:44, Patrick Dowler wrote:

> On Thursday 22 October 2009 06:28:19 Tom McGlynn wrote:
>> At the HEASARC we've gotten a basic TAP service running now that
>> supports PQL and ADQL minus the geometry extensions (aka SQL).  To
>> add
>> in the geometry support we're looking at using the PgSphere library
>> that
>> runs on top of Postgres.  Has anyone else explored using PgSphere in
>> this way?
>
> Yes, we are in the process of migrating to postgresql+pgSphere and
> will be
> using this as our main VO server (TAP, SIA, SSA, etc). I have run
> into several
> smallish issues and limitations and developed ways around them.
>
> Maybe we can have an informal discussion at the interop, for people
> interested
> in using this?

This is a great idea. I fully subscribe it.
Various ESO colleagues would be very interested in this.
Should it be done within a DAL session? Apps? VOQL?
Or as an extra parallel session?

On Wednesday currently there is a half an hour gap in the program
starting at 12:00 (after the parallel VOTable ad Apps-2).
Is half an hour enough?

Yes? No? Preferences?
Alberto