UCD problem in SSA/SpectrumDM

Douglas Tody dtody at nrao.edu
Fri Nov 20 06:27:22 PST 2009

Hi Keith -

If we are going to be having a minor update of these documents there
are probably some other things which should go in as well that people
have brought up during the initial implementations and which we have
been saving for the next version.  The fix that Alberto mentions is
simple enough but we should be careful about broader data model changes
(e.g. to re-align the data model with the more recent version of Char)
as these will affect existing implementations.  If the changes are
significant we might better defer them to a 2.0 version.  In some
cases Spectrum did things slightly different than Char (e.g. the
detailed usage of STC I think) for what may still be valid reasons.
I don't think we should rule out possible minor changes to Char as
well, since after all both are RECs.

What is the policy for minor document updates?  Can we just put out
a 1.0x for a published recommendation?

 	- Doug