[TAP] 0.5 draft

Patrick Dowler patrick.dowler at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Sat May 16 10:38:14 PDT 2009

I have posted TAP 0.5 to the wiki. This is the last draft before the meeting
in Strasbourg.

http://www.ivoa.net/cgi-bin/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/TableAccess

Included here are many small fixes and clarifications (thanks to Francois, Mark,
Bob, and others) and some more material changes derived from recent mailing
list discussions:

+ added TAP_SCHEMA.keys following the addition of ForeignKey to VODataService
+ clarified CVS format to be compliant and refer to relevant RFC
+ added optional TSV output format
+ allowed more flexibility in setting HTTP response codes when an error occurs
+ consistently use application/x-votable+xml mimetype

TODO:

From what I can see, the issue of mapping between VOTable and ADQL
column/datatypes remains the biggest outstanding issue. The table in section
2.5 has been made less specific (VOTable: format -> VOTable: ? ) pending
discussion and resolution.

The section on child resources for async queries is out of date and needs to
be tweaked w.r.t. the latest UWS spec. In addition, we need to specify the XML
output describing the UWS "job": this is mostly specified in UWS (inc. schema)
but we need to specify how to include TAP-specific params/values.

Tel/Tél: (250) 363-0044
Canadian Astronomy Data Centre
National Research Council Canada
5071 West Saanich Road
Victoria, BC V9E 2M7

Centre canadien de donnees astronomiques
Conseil national de recherches Canada
5071, chemin West Saanich
Victoria (C.-B.) V9E 2M7