TAP 1.0: sync vs async

Paul Harrison paul.harrison at manchester.ac.uk
Thu Jul 16 03:44:19 PDT 2009

Hi,

I also support this idea - in fact I would go further (as also
recently suggested by Tom) and say that the sync and async should also
be registered as separate Capabilities, and thus potentially on
totally separate machines, rather than being forced into the single
URL tree.

This would also make it easier to support async calls to a sync only
implementation (if this were allowed) by installing a standardized UWS
proxy component which could "convert" the synchronous behaviour into
standard UWS asynchonous. The astrogrid CEA implementation already has
a mode of operation ("HTTP applications") which would make it suitable
to act as such a proxy.

Cheers,
	Paul.

Dr. Paul Harrison