TAP, skynode, or boutique?

Guy Rixon gtr at ast.cam.ac.uk
Fri Sep 5 08:41:47 PDT 2008

Roy,

quoting from the TAP/PARAM draft that was current before the Trieste
meeting:

3.3.6 Multi-Position Queries
A multi-position query generalizes POS, SIZE to a table of positions,
allowing an
arbitrarily large number of spatial position-based queries to be
executed
simultaneously.  In a typical scenario the user uploads a list of the
positions of
their favorite objects, and executes a spatial cross match against
some data
table.  The multi-position query provides this simple spatial cross
match
capability.

(full text at http://www.ivoa.net/internal/IVOA/TableAccess/tap-
v0.2.pdf)

Unless the NVO people working on this have found problems, this is
still to be part of the initial TAP spec (we'll find next week when
we start to edit the proposals into a unified draft).

Therefore, I would expect that you might be able to use TAP
installations for cross-match sometime this year with prototypes and
next year with production services.

Regards,
Guy