VOSI 1.00 and 1.01

Guy Rixon gtr at ast.cam.ac.uk
Thu Oct 30 06:09:35 PDT 2008

Hi,

following this week's discussions, it now seems that we shall have
description of DB tables in v1.0 of VOSI rather than deferring it to
v1.1. The VOSI-tables thing is mandated by TAP and mandates the
schema from VODataService 1.1.

There are two versions of the VOSI document around:

http://www.ivoa.net/Documents/cover/VOSI-20081023.html
http://www.ivoa.net/internal/IVOA/InterOpOct2008GridAndWebServices/
VOSI-1.01.pdf

V1.00 was written last week, but only published this week. This
version has only capability and availability. V1.00 is an IVOA WD.

V1.01 I wrote last night, so as to have something to consider in the
joint session today. It adds the table metadata and does not change
the rules for capability and availability. It claims on its cover
page to be an IVOA WD, but it's really a WG-internal draft; I shan't
publish this until we've discussed the issue. For now, this version
is only available from the GWS-agenda page for the Baltimore meeting.

Cheers,
Guy