handling HTTP redirects

Douglas Tody dtody at nrao.edu
Wed Jun 4 09:16:40 PDT 2008

Hi All -

Redirects are an important part of the HTTP protocol and I think
need to be supported in the production (2ndgen) protocols which are
HTTP based - hence SSA for example addresses redirects.  That said,
as a pragmatic matter much client software may not support redirects
(does not now certainly) hence I suggest we be conservative about
using this feature in actual service implementations to allow client
software time to catch up.

	- Doug