SSAP clients for theoretical spectra

mcs at iaa.es mcs at iaa.es
Mon Oct 15 08:05:42 PDT 2007

Hello again,
Just an aclaration about TSAP:

>I believe that also VOSpec did not deal correctly with our SSA service,
>until some extra custom work was performed (correct Ulrike?). After all, we
>are not a TSAP service and actually as far as I'm aware TSAP is not a
>standard. In all the recent interop meetings it was claimed that theory
>spectra could be handled using SSAP, hence that is what we implemented. The
>format=metadata part of SSAP is assumed to be sufficient to find out which
>parameters are supported. Is there anything in TSAP that is essentially
>different from this?

What we call TSAP is just the format=metadata part of SSAP. In fact, the
format=metadata part of your service works correctly if you include:

http://vo.ari.uni-heidelberg.de/ssatr-0.01/ssatr?format=metadata

in the TSAP url at:

http://www.laeff.inta.es/projects/svo/theory/tsap/

(However, it does not produce the final set of spectra, and the TSAP
query form is quite
different in the fields than the one at:
http://vo.ari.uni-heidelberg.de/ssatr-0.01/TrSpectra.jsp
I suppouse that in this last address you assume some defaults that are
not in the
format=metadata query, isn't it?)

I want to recall that this service is just a TSAP ( == format=metadata
part of SSAP) service.

Another issue is how VOSpec manage the TSAP service and specta in general
(VOSpec also need other fields in the VOTable, like VOX etc and the
dimensional analisys posted at IVOA and astro-ph
by Pedro Osuna and Jesus Salgado maybe a year or more ago... you can see
documentation in
VOSpec it self I think and look to their warpper of VO tables).

Summing up: TSAP only means the format=metadata part of SSAP (no more)
and you can tested your TSAP service (following the SSAP) at the address
pointed before :)

cheers