gzipped images in SIAP 1.0

Steve Allen sla at ucolick.org
Tue May 22 06:57:28 PDT 2007

On Tue 2007-05-22T09:29:17 -0400, Thomas McGlynn hath writ:
> Isn't it valid to refer to a compressed FITS file with the header:

> That would seem to appropriately separate the semantics of the data from
> the encoding.  I think we may do this in some of our on-line data at the
> HEASARC.

Yes, but note that the HTTP header line is spelled
Content-coding

That is as noted in the FITS RFC 4047.

It is as implemented in SAOimage ds9 for some five years.

--
Steve Allen                 <sla at ucolick.org>                WGS-84 (GPS)
UCO/Lick Observatory        Natural Sciences II, Room 165    Lat  +36.99855